Ports of Jersey Runway Challenge 21 is so flexible it’s perfect for people of all abilities, enabling anyone to complete the runway distance of their choice from wherever they are in the world from 11 to 31 July 2021.
If you decide to take on one of the group runway categories, you can complete them all on the same day if you’re looking for a bigger challenge, or take your time and complete a different runway each day.
Stay safe! Please make sure you follow any physical/social distancing regulations in place wherever you are participating. You’re responsible for your own safety and also for public safety while you are completing your challenge.
Solo runway categories (17+):
|Runway Category||Running Distance|
|Isle of Man||3.6K|
Junior runway categories (16 and under):
|Runway Category||Running Distance|
Solo grouped runway categories (17+):
|The Islands||10km||Jersey / Guernsey / Isle of Man|
|London Runways||25km||Gatwick / Heathrow / Luton / Stanstead|
|City Break Challenge||30km||Birmingham / Edinburgh / Liverpool / Manchester / Newcastle|
|Fly Europe Challenge||45km||Belfast / Dublin / Düsseldorf / East Midlands / Glasgow / Leeds Bradford / Munich / Norwich|
|21 Runway Challenge||110km||Jersey / Belfast / Birmingham / Dublin / Dusseldorf / East Midlands / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Guernsey / Leeds Bradford / Liverpool / Gatwick / Heathrow / Stansted / Manchester / Munich / Newcastle / Norwich / Southampton / Isle of Man|
Relay team grouped runway categories (17+)
|Fly Europe Challenge – Team of five||45km||Belfast / Dublin / Düsseldorf / East Midlands / Glasgow / Leeds Bradford / Munich / Norwich|
(two people complete one runway and three people complete two runways each)
|21 Runway Challenge – Team of five||110km||Jersey / Belfast / Birmingham / Dublin / Dusseldorf / East Midlands / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Guernsey / Leeds Bradford / Liverpool / Gatwick / Heathrow / Stansted / Manchester / Munich / Newcastle / Norwich / Southampton / Isle of Man|
(four people complete four runways each and one person completes five runways)
- You should complete the runway distance in one go so that one set of data only is uploaded for each airport runway distance.
- You can stop as many times as you like whilst aiming to complete their runway distance, but make sure your smartwatch/smartphone app keeps recording the total time, so you just submit one bit of data per runway.
- Relay teams will split equally (where feasible) the total number of runways between their team of five. Each team member should complete each runway in one continuous attempt, so that one set of data only is uploaded for each airport runway distance.
- Team / solo members are permitted to complete more than one runway on the same day, but we encourage everyone to plan safely when completing longer distances. Please also remember that you need to submit separate data for each runway you complete.
- Individual adult (17+) tickets for solo runways and the grouped categories (excluding the 21 runways) cost £10 per person.
- The ultimate 21 runway challenge costs £20 per person.
- Junior (16 and under) tickets for solo runways costs £5 per person.
- Relay tickets cost £75 per team of five people. This ticket entry is ideal for corporates as well as teams, clubs and family groups.
We are offering an exclusive, limited edition event technical t-shirt, costing £10. You can buy this when you register or at a later date if you change your mind. All merchandise will be available for collection, at a pre-agreed date from the supplier, Beresford Street Kitchen. There is no additional charge for collecting your challenge merchandise.
If you require your merchandise to be posted to you, whether on or off Island, then there will be additional postage fees :
Jersey, Guernsey, UK, France and Europe : postage is £5
Other worldwide destinations : postage is approx £10, but please enquire with Beresford Street Kitchen for a specific cost.
Postage options can be selected and paid at the point of registration. You can also add to your RaceNation account at a later date if required.
As well as encouraging people to go outside and get active for the challenge, the main aim is to raise money for four local charities. The registration fee will be split equally between the charities. We’d also like to encourage everyone signing up to also make a charitable donation.
When you register, you’ll be automatically sent a confirmation email and a link to create your own personal online fundraising page on SportGiving (integrated with RaceNation), so you can fundraise for your chosen charities, if you wish.
Challenger Information Pack
The Challenger Information Pack will be added soon!
The run challenge can be undertaken on:
A. An indoor treadmill
B. Outdoors on a suitably safe course, as decided by the participant.
Outdoor challenge participation on public roads, pathways or trails will be undertaken entirely at the risk of the participant, organisers and sponsors cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage caused to participants and/or third parties.
Run Safety Measures – Participants should consider when outdoors:
• Plan your run – select a course that avoids high density public areas, avoid times that coincide with high volumes of traffic / pedestrians, consider the number of junctions and traffic controls on your route, consider air temp and winds on the day
Results to be Submitted
Participants are required to submit their challenge times once they have completed all the runways in their category.
Participants are required to record their challenge distance and time for each runway distance, so that they may be submitted to the organisers and can feature on the events leaderboard. All results and proof (if requested) must be submitted by 9am on Monday 1 August 2021
All challenge results, including participant information on time and distance, will be displayed on the results page of our website.
Prizes will be up for grabs and further details of this will be confirmed in due course.