The junior entry is aimed at those aged 16 and under. Once you’ve signed up, you choose the runways, how you want to complete the distance, then when and where you want to do it. It’s as simple as that! You can walk, run, cycle, SUP, dance, kayak, swim – anything goes! However, we do insist that any juniors are accompanied by an adult when taking part.
The challenge will be live for 21 days, between 11 – 31 July 2021.
You’re responsible for choosing your course. All we ask is that you plan your courses safely and comply with any physical distancing restrictions, that may be in place.
Junior solo individual runway categories (16 and under):
|Runway Category||Running Distance|
- Junior participants MUST be under parent/guardian supervision at all times!
- We recommend junior participants do not take part on busy public roads or areas and instead choose a route which is quiet and safe.
- You should complete the runway distance in one go, so that one set of data is uploaded for each airport runway distance.
- You may temporarily stop as many times as you like whilst completing your runway distance, but you should ensure that your smartwatch / smartphone app keeps recording the total time, so that one set of data per runway is submitted.
- You can complete both runways on the same day, but we encourage everyone to plan safely when completing longer distances. Please also remember that you must submit separate data for each individual runway completed.
- Junior entry is £5.00 per person.
Entry fees include a digital race bib, digital fundraising badge, digital finisher badge and ongoing support through the challenge.
You can also purchase a limited edition event t-shirt at the time of booking. This will cost £10.00 per t-shirt.
Ports of Jersey Runway Challenge 21 aims to fundraise £20,000 for our chosen charities Beresford Street Kitchen, Caring Cooks, Dementia Jersey and Healing Waves.
To help us reach our fundraising target, we kindly encourage everyone to make a charitable donation when signing up. You will also have the option to select which charity or charities you’d like to support.
On completing the registration process, you will automatically receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to set up your own personal online fundraising page, which is directly linked to the registration for the challenge.