You choose the runways, how you want to complete the distance, then when and where you want to do it. It’s as simple as that! You can walk, run, cycle, SUP, dance, kayak, swim – anything goes!
The challenge will be live for 21 days, between 11 – 31 July 2021.
You’re responsible for choosing your course. All we ask is that you plan this safely and comply with any physical distancing restrictions, that may be in place.
If you take on the group runway categories, you may complete some or all of the runways distances on the same day, in any order, or spread completion of the runways out over multiple days.
Solo – Individual runway categories (aged 17+)
|Adult Individual Runway Solo participants (17+) – £10 per ticket||Running Distance|
|9||Isle of Man||3.6K|
Solo – Grouped runway categories (aged 17+)
|The Islands||10km||Jersey / Guernsey / Isle of Man|
|London Runways||25km||Gatwick / Heathrow / Luton / Stanstead|
|City Break Challenge||31km||Southampton / Edinburgh / Liverpool / Manchester / Newcastle|
|Fly Europe Challenge||45km||Belfast / Dublin / Düsseldorf / East Midlands / Glasgow / Leeds Bradford / Munich / Norwich|
|21 Runway Challenge||110km||Jersey / Belfast / Birmingham / Dublin / Dusseldorf / East Midlands / Edinburgh / Glasgow / Guernsey / Leeds Bradford / Liverpool / Gatwick / Heathrow / Stansted / Manchester / Munich / Newcastle / Norwich / Southampton / Isle of Man|
- You should complete the runway distance in one go, so that one set of data is uploaded for one.
- You can temporarily stop as many times as you like whilst completing your runway distance, but you should ensure that your smartwatch / smartphone app keeps recording the total time, so that one set of data per runway is submitted.
- You can complete more than one runway on the same day, but we encourage everyone to plan safely when completing longer distances. Please also remember that you need to submit separate times for each individual runway.
- Solo entry for individual runways and some grouped runways is £10.00 per person.
- The full 21 runways challenge is £20.00 per person.
Entry fees include a digital race bib, digital fundraising badge, digital finisher badge and ongoing support through the challenge.
You can also purchase a limited edition event t-shirt at the time of booking. This will cost £10.00 per t-shirt.
Ports of Jersey Runway Challenge 21 aims to fundraise £20,000 for our chosen charities: Beresford Street Kitchen, Caring Cooks, Dementia Jersey and Healing Waves.
To help us reach our fundraising target, we kindly encourage everyone to make a charitable donation when signing up. You will also have the option to select which charity or charities you wish to raise funds for.
On completing the registration process, you will automatically receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to set up your own personal online fundraising page, which is directly linked to the registration for the challenge.